Christians – can we vote on YOUR marriage now?
72,000 signatories to Family First’s petition want the right to vote on other people’s right to be married?
That would be fair – if the rest of us had a chance to vote on whether or not those 72,000 Christians (?) should be married or not.
We could make it totally democratic and run on-going Referenda on couples, through Facebook. Each couple could state their case to voters and the public could vote “Yay” or “Nay”.
Is it too late to have a belated vote on whether Mr MCoskrie (and Garth McVicar!?) should be allowed to be married? (Not to each other, I mean. Although… )
This is how ridiculous it gets, that so-called “Christians” think it appropriate to vote on other peoples’ private lives.
Little wonder that so many view religious fundamentalism as intrusive in our lives.
(Note: with apologies to Christians, Jews, Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists, Pantheists, etc, who are more tolerant. )
= fs =
For a better New Zealand…
~ Cleaner rivers
~ No deep-sea oil drilling
~ Less on Roads - more on Rail
~ A Living wage at $18.40/hr
~ Marriage equality - Yay! Got that one!
~ Strong, effective Unions
~ No secret free-trade deals
~ Breakfast/lunches in our schools
~ Introducing Civics into our school curriculum
~ Cut back on the liquor industry
~ A fairer, progressive tax system
~ Fully funded, free healthcare
~ Ditto for education, including Tertiary
~ Fund Pharmac for Pompe's Disease medication & other 'orphan' drugs
~ No state asset sales!
~ Rebuild public TV broadcasting!
~ Keeping farms in local ownership
~ Reduce poverty, like we reduced the toll for road-fatalities
~ Jobs, Jobs, Jobs!
~ Being nice to each other
- That was Then, This is Now #26 – John Key will let slip the dogs of war
- Capitalism and the price of chocolate
- The Mendacities of Mr Key #9: The Sky’s the limit with taxpayer subsidies!
- Letter to the editor – hitting charities where it hurts, courtesy of the Nats
- 2015 – Ongoing jobless tally
- The Mendacities of Mr Key #8: A roof over your head, and boots on the ground
- Witnessing the slow decay of a government past it’s Use-By date
- Letter to the editor – A “clayton’s” government?
- Letter to the Editor – RMA Reforms and screaming Epsomites
- 2014 – Ongoing jobless tally
- Letter to the editor – Time to milk a tragedy again, by our Dear Leader
- Letter to the editor – through a mirror, crack’d?
- A degree in Urban Mythology, courtesy of Massey University
- The Slater-Key Txt-Messages Trip-Up – Did Cameron Slater Plan this?
- When the teflon is stripped away…
- Letter to the editor – Witches, foreign fighters, and other bogeymen…
- Judith Collins – the Gift that keeps Giving to the Opposition?
- How biased is the media? A Patrick Gower case study
- MSM under-mining of new Labour Leader already begun?
- Nationwide Day of Protest Captures Public Attention on TPPA
- Housing; broken promises, families in cars, and ideological idiocy (Part Toru)
- I have seen one future, and it is bleak
- Guest Author: An Open Letter to John Key – Why should the PM be any different?
- Letter to the editor – Key paints a dirty, great, big bullseye on our country!
- Letter to the editor – when a Terror Alert really was needed!
- Housing; broken promises, families in cars, and ideological idiocy (Part Rua)
- Letter to the editor – John Key should lead by example
- Letter to the editor – Daleks, Kim Jong-un, Elvis, and Roger Douglas
- Housing; broken promises, families in cars, and ideological idiocy (Part Tahi)
- Letter to the editor – The New Vietnam; who is first?
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- 361,933 hits