Christians – can we vote on YOUR marriage now?
72,000 signatories to Family First’s petition want the right to vote on other people’s right to be married?
That would be fair – if the rest of us had a chance to vote on whether or not those 72,000 Christians (?) should be married or not.
We could make it totally democratic and run on-going Referenda on couples, through Facebook. Each couple could state their case to voters and the public could vote “Yay” or “Nay”.
Is it too late to have a belated vote on whether Mr MCoskrie (and Garth McVicar!?) should be allowed to be married? (Not to each other, I mean. Although… )
This is how ridiculous it gets, that so-called “Christians” think it appropriate to vote on other peoples’ private lives.
Little wonder that so many view religious fundamentalism as intrusive in our lives.
(Note: with apologies to Christians, Jews, Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists, Pantheists, etc, who are more tolerant. )
= fs =
For a better New Zealand…
~ Cleaner rivers
~ No deep-sea oil drilling
~ Less on Roads - more on Rail
~ A Living wage at $19.25/hr
~ Marriage equality - Yay! Got that one!
~ Strong, effective Unions
~ No secret free-trade deals
~ Breakfast/lunches in our schools
~ Introducing Civics into our school curriculum
~ Cut back on the liquor industry
~ A fairer, progressive tax system
~ Fully funded, free healthcare
~ Ditto for education, including Tertiary
~ Fund Pharmac for Pompe's Disease medication & other 'orphan' drugs
~ No state asset sales!
~ Rebuild public TV broadcasting!
~ Keeping farms in local ownership
~ Reduce poverty, like we reduced the toll for road-fatalities
~ Jobs, Jobs, Jobs!
~ Being nice to each other
- An unfortunate advertising placement, child poverty, and breathing air
- 2015 – Ongoing jobless tally
- Letter to the editor – When 41% of houses are bought by speculators
- Public opposition grows against TPPA – Wellington
- Citizens face Police armed with tasers at Wellington TPPA protest march
- Socially-sanctioned psychopathy harnessed for good
- Is this the defining quote for the 21st Century?
- Letter to the editor – let’s hear it for really, really, daft ideas
- To Annette King – we’ll hold you to that!
- Steven Joyce – Hypocrite of the Week
- Signs of the times…?
- Questions over Serco’s “independent” monitors and it’s Contract with the Crown
- Awash with alcohol and lies in the Internet Age
- The slow dismantling of a Prime Minister continues
- So what is the rationale for private prisons?
- Letter to the editor – More useless reassurances from our Dear Leader
- Letter to the editor – More reassurances from our esteemed Dear Leader?
- Letter to the editor – If Serco was the answer, what was the question?
- National fiddles – while Cancer Kills
- Letter to the editor – John Key’s broken promises, a habit?
- On private prisons…
- Letter to the editor – John Key’s legacy?
- Letter to the editor – softening us up for another broken promise?
- National’s moving goalposts on climate change targets
- Another ‘Claytons’ Solution to our Housing Problem? When will NZers ever learn?
- One man’s “terrorist”, is another man’s freedom fighter…
- The Flag Referendum – A strategy for Calm Resistance
- The slow dismantling of a populist prime minister
- Treasury on Rail. Let’s play a little game, shall we?
- Why Labour should NEVER play the “race card”…
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- 392,148 hits