Christians – can we vote on YOUR marriage now?
72,000 signatories to Family First’s petition want the right to vote on other people’s right to be married?
That would be fair – if the rest of us had a chance to vote on whether or not those 72,000 Christians (?) should be married or not.
We could make it totally democratic and run on-going Referenda on couples, through Facebook. Each couple could state their case to voters and the public could vote “Yay” or “Nay”.
Is it too late to have a belated vote on whether Mr MCoskrie (and Garth McVicar!?) should be allowed to be married? (Not to each other, I mean. Although… )
This is how ridiculous it gets, that so-called “Christians” think it appropriate to vote on other peoples’ private lives.
Little wonder that so many view religious fundamentalism as intrusive in our lives.
(Note: with apologies to Christians, Jews, Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists, Pantheists, etc, who are more tolerant. )
= fs =
For a better New Zealand…
~ Cleaner rivers
~ No deep-sea oil drilling
~ Less on Roads - more on Rail
~ A Living wage at $19.25/hr
~ Marriage equality - Yay! Got that one!
~ Strong, effective Unions
~ No secret free-trade deals
~ Breakfast/lunches in our schools
~ Introducing Civics into our school curriculum
~ Cut back on the liquor industry
~ A fairer, progressive tax system
~ Fully funded, free healthcare
~ Ditto for education, including Tertiary
~ Fund Pharmac for Pompe's Disease medication & other 'orphan' drugs
~ No state asset sales!
~ Rebuild public TV broadcasting!
~ Keeping farms in local ownership
~ Reduce poverty, like we reduced the toll for road-fatalities
~ Jobs, Jobs, Jobs!
~ Being nice to each other
- Expose: Winston Peters; the 1997 speeches; and neo-liberal tendencies
- Letter to the editor – Do National voters want us to be tenants in our own country?
- Congratulations Dr Smith!!
- Special Education Funding – Robbing Peter, Paul, and Mary to pay Tom, Dick, and Harriet
- New Zealand – we’re in the sh*t
- We don’t want to send the wrong message – John Key
- National exploits fudged Statistics NZ unemployment figures
- Is Karl du Fresne happy now?
- “Spinning” in a post-truth era
- 2016 – Ongoing jobless tally
- Letter to the editor – Plunket and the slow strangulation of community organisations
- National’s Wellington Mayoral candidate, Jo Coughlan – four lanes to nowhere
- Trump – the cultivation of demagoguery
- Letter to the editor – more silliness from former Nat President, Michelle Boag
- Matthew Hooton on “secret” UMR poll?
- Rebuilding the Country we grew up in – Little’s Big Task ahead
- National and the Reserve Bank – at War!
- The Mendacities of Mr Key # 18: “No question – NZ is better off!”
- Lies, Damned lies and Statistical Lies – ** UPDATE **
- Foot in mouth award – Bill English, for his recent “Flat Earth” comment in Parliament
- Letter to the editor – Key discovers how to reduce unemployment in NZ
- Lies, Damned lies and Statistical Lies
- Letter to the editor – National’s “pennies from heaven”
- Park-up in Wellington – People speaking against the scourge of homelessness
- John Key – we will not be held to ransom!
- CYF – The Hollowing Out of a State Agency
- Letter to the editor – give us a chance to vote, Mr Key!
- Letter to the editor – “Throwing money at the problem” of homelessness
- Flying the Red-Green Banner of Resistance
- Why is Paula Bennett media-shy all of a sudden?
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- 431,629 hits