Johnny’s Report Card – National Standards Assessment y/e 2012
To Whom It May Concern; the following Report Card detail’s Johnny’s achievements over the last four years.
The following contrasts compare four years, ranging from the end of 2008 to the end of this year, 2012.
Whilst it is acknowledged that the Global Financial Crisis impacted harsly on our society and economy, it is also fair to say that National has had the benefits of starting out with a sound economy (surpluses, low unemployment, etc) in 2008 and four years in office to make good on it’s election promises.
Inequality & Poverty
Social Welfare Safety Net
Outlook for 2013
= fs =
For a better New Zealand…
~ Cleaner rivers
~ No deep-sea oil drilling
~ Less on Roads - more on Rail
~ A Living wage at $19.25/hr
~ Marriage equality - Yay! Got that one!
~ Strong, effective Unions
~ No secret free-trade deals
~ Breakfast/lunches in our schools
~ Introducing Civics into our school curriculum
~ Cut back on the liquor industry
~ A fairer, progressive tax system
~ Fully funded, free healthcare
~ Ditto for education, including Tertiary
~ Fund Pharmac for Pompe's Disease medication & other 'orphan' drugs
~ No state asset sales!
~ Rebuild public TV broadcasting!
~ Keeping farms in local ownership
~ Reduce poverty, like we reduced the toll for road-fatalities
~ Jobs, Jobs, Jobs!
~ Being nice to each other
- The slow dismantling of a Prime Minister continues
- So what is the rationale for private prisons?
- Letter to the editor – More useless reassurances from our Dear Leader
- Letter to the editor – More reassurances from our esteemed Dear Leader?
- Letter to the editor – If Serco was the answer, what was the question?
- National fiddles – while Cancer Kills
- Letter to the editor – John Key’s broken promises, a habit?
- On private prisons…
- Letter to the editor – John Key’s legacy?
- Letter to the editor – softening us up for another broken promise?
- National’s moving goalposts on climate change targets
- Another ‘Claytons’ Solution to our Housing Problem? When will NZers ever learn?
- One man’s “terrorist”, is another man’s freedom fighter…
- The Flag Referendum – A strategy for Calm Resistance
- The slow dismantling of a populist prime minister
- Treasury on Rail. Let’s play a little game, shall we?
- Why Labour should NEVER play the “race card”…
- 2015 – Ongoing jobless tally
- Letter to the editor – Contempt for Referenda? Now it’s our turn.
- WINZ, waste, and wonky numbers – *up-date*
- The Donghua Liu Affair: One Year On
- Letter to the editor – a Tale of Two Referenda
- From a story last year, predicting rocky-times for our “Rock Star” economy…
- An open letter to Pebbles Hooper…
- Poor people – let them eat cake; grow veges; not breed; and other parroted right wing cliches… (part rua)
- Hire a teenager, while they know everything
- Letter to the editor – a new angle in the flag debate
- Poor people – let them eat cake; grow veges; not breed; and other parroted right wing cliches…
- Letter to the Editor – Just how witless is our PM?!?!
- “I don’t know the details of that particular family” – Social Development Minister Anne Tolley
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- 388,077 hits