John Banks, ACT, and miscellaneous laws
ACT is very, very BIG on law and order.
In fact, they often refer themselves as the “law and order” Party.
Their website is unequivocal about ACT’s hard-line, no-compromise, approach to Law and Order,
ACT even refers to the “broken windows” concept; attacking crime at the beginning when “criminal activity is significantly less likely to escalate when caught and punished early “.
ACT even has a “One Law for All” policy,
Their “One Law for All” refers to Maori – but one assumes that ACT intends this policy to apply equally, to all people living in this country.
Well… maybe not,
One law for all, huh? That apparently demands a Tui.
However, Banks’ lawyer, QC David Jones stated that,
‘‘Mr Banks will comply with any lawful direction of the court to attend the court as required.’’
Well, that’s jolly big of him.
This case will be a test; are our elected representatives – especially those in positions of ministerial power – bound by the same laws that the rest of us mere mortals are?
After all, “criminal activity is significantly less likely to escalate when caught and punished early “.
Let’s wait, watch, and find out…
= fs =
For a better New Zealand…
~ Cleaner rivers
~ No deep-sea oil drilling
~ Less on Roads - more on Rail
~ A Living wage at $19.25/hr
~ Marriage equality - Yay! Got that one!
~ Strong, effective Unions
~ No secret free-trade deals
~ Breakfast/lunches in our schools
~ Introducing Civics into our school curriculum
~ Cut back on the liquor industry
~ A fairer, progressive tax system
~ Fully funded, free healthcare
~ Ditto for education, including Tertiary
~ Fund Pharmac for Pompe's Disease medication & other 'orphan' drugs
~ No state asset sales!
~ Rebuild public TV broadcasting!
~ Keeping farms in local ownership
~ Reduce poverty, like we reduced the toll for road-fatalities
~ Jobs, Jobs, Jobs!
~ Being nice to each other
- John Key – we will not be held to ransom!
- CYF – The Hollowing Out of a State Agency
- Letter to the editor – give us a chance to vote, Mr Key!
- Letter to the editor – “Throwing money at the problem” of homelessness
- Flying the Red-Green Banner of Resistance
- Why is Paula Bennett media-shy all of a sudden?
- Success for National Govt – new bank opens!
- The Mendacities of Mr English – Fibbing from Finance Minister confirmed
- Letter to the editor – homelessness, class eugenics, and middle class sensibilities
- Upper Hutt residents mobilise to fight State House sell-off
- Budget 2016 – Who wins; who loses; who pays?
- Letter to the editor – Did Bill English try to pull a swiftie on ‘The Nation’?
- State house sell-off in Tauranga unravelling?
- The slow dismantling of a Prime Minister – downward slide continues
- Andrew Little’s “dangerous” speech – a cunning plan for the Middle and the Left
- Foot in Mouth award – another former ACT MP plumbs new depths of dumbness
- Letter to the editor – Who are the Real Greedies?
- Hooton and Farrar slag Key – With friends like these…
- Letter to Radio NZ – Homelessness, Poverty, and the Final Solution
- Letter to the editor – Mark Weldon’s fan club offers support
- Panama Papers: Matthew Hooton’s Alternate Universes on Twitter and Radio NZ
- Foot in Mouth award – Former ACT MP exposes flaw in free-market system
- Letter to the editor – Dear Leader loses the plot in Parliament
- Dodgy tax havens and even dodgier Peter Dunne’s memory
- 2016 – Ongoing jobless tally
- Climate Change Minister Paula Bennett revealed
- National – Party 4 Sale?
- That was Then, This is Now #28 – John Key on transparency
- When National is under attack – Deflect, deflect, deflect!
- National MP Mark Mitchell and his breath-taking display of arrogance
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- 424,378 hits