24 November, Wellington – Aotearoa is Not For Sale (ANFS), Wellington branch, took part in a nationwide push to gather more signatures for the petition, calling for a referendum on state asset sales.
ANFS campaigners took to the streets of Kilbirnie, one of Wellington’s eastern-suburns, close to the airport.
Campaigners took up prime spots in Bay Rd – Kilbirnie’s main street – and outside Pak’n’Save, in the next street adjacent.
Phil, Shane, and Warwick, posing for the camera, before taking up positions around Pak’N’Save’s main doors,
Ready to take up the challenge,
A citizen only to happy to sign Warwick’s petition,
This gentleman needed no encouragement to sign Phil’s petition and was not happy with National’s plans to partially-privatise assets that belong to us all,
No sooner does one finish signing, and another person comes up to Warwick,
Collecting more signatures in Bay Road, Kilbirnie’s “main drag”,
All up, several hundred signatures were collected and several dozen electoral enrollent forms handed out. It was a good day for hittuing the streets.
One interesting thing that we found was that most people had already signed the petition. It seems the campaign is well supported by New Zealanders of all walks of life. (John Key – take note.)
Anyone wanting to download the petition can do so from here: http://keepourassets.org.nz/
If you can’t print of a petition form, please email this blogger, and I will post out forms to you,
Remember – every signature counts! (And make sure you are on the Electoral Roll – if you’re not on the Roll, your signature may be discounted.)
Copyright (c) Notice
All images are freely available to be used, with following provisos,
- Use must be for non-commercial purposes.
- Where purpose of use is commercial, a donation to Child Poverty Action Group is requested.
- At all times, images must be used only in context, and not to denigrate individuals.
- Acknowledgement of source is requested.
= fs =
For a better New Zealand…
~ Cleaner rivers
~ No deep-sea oil drilling
~ Less on Roads - more on Rail
~ A Living wage at $19.25/hr
~ Marriage equality - Yay! Got that one!
~ Strong, effective Unions
~ No secret free-trade deals
~ Breakfast/lunches in our schools
~ Introducing Civics into our school curriculum
~ Cut back on the liquor industry
~ A fairer, progressive tax system
~ Fully funded, free healthcare
~ Ditto for education, including Tertiary
~ Fund Pharmac for Pompe's Disease medication & other 'orphan' drugs
~ No state asset sales!
~ Rebuild public TV broadcasting!
~ Keeping farms in local ownership
~ Reduce poverty, like we reduced the toll for road-fatalities
~ Jobs, Jobs, Jobs!
~ Being nice to each other
- An open letter to Pebbles Hooper…
- Poor people – let them eat cake; grow veges; not breed; and other parroted right wing cliches… (part rua)
- Hire a teenager, while they know everything
- Letter to the editor – a new angle in the flag debate
- Poor people – let them eat cake; grow veges; not breed; and other parroted right wing cliches…
- Letter to the Editor – Just how witless is our PM?!?!
- “I don’t know the details of that particular family” – Social Development Minister Anne Tolley
- 2015 – Ongoing jobless tally
- Blogger threatened with lawsuit over questions of conflict-of-interest regarding Mediaworks
- Letter to the Editor – How many more children must die, Mr Key?!
- Letter to the Editor – User Pays is not a very clever solution
- Housing Minister Paula Bennett continues National’s spin on rundown State Houses
- The Curious Case of Cameron Slater, the Hacker, and the unforgivable crime of stupidity
- Government Minister sees history repeat – responsible for death
- Nothing quite reinforces ‘Privilege’ than an ‘Us and Them’ Attitude
- The Mendacities of Mr Key # 13: Kiwisaver – another broken promise
- Latest Roy Morgan poll – wholly predictable results and no reason to panic
- Campbell Live, No More
- Friends, Kiwis, Countrymen! I come to praise John Campbell, not bury him
- Radio NZ – Mediawatch for 24 May 2015 – TV3’s Mark Jennings interviewed re Campbell Live
- National Tinkers while Auckland Property Prices Burn
- John Banks – A Tale of Two Cheques
- The cupboard is bare, says Dear Leader
- This is news?!
- National Minister refers to PM as “Wild Eyed” Right-Winger!
- Letter to the editor – Used car salesmen and pony-tail pullers
- The Mendacities of Mr Key # 12: No More Asset Sales (Kind of)
- Why should tradies be prosecuted for doing “cashies” and not paying tax?
- “The Nation” reveals gobsmacking incompetence by Ministers English and Lotu-Iiga
- Today’s irony was brought to you courtesy of former ACT MP and Govt Minister, Rodney Hide
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- 381,762 hits