24 November, Wellington – Aotearoa is Not For Sale (ANFS), Wellington branch, took part in a nationwide push to gather more signatures for the petition, calling for a referendum on state asset sales.
ANFS campaigners took to the streets of Kilbirnie, one of Wellington’s eastern-suburns, close to the airport.
Campaigners took up prime spots in Bay Rd – Kilbirnie’s main street – and outside Pak’n’Save, in the next street adjacent.
Phil, Shane, and Warwick, posing for the camera, before taking up positions around Pak’N’Save’s main doors,
Ready to take up the challenge,
A citizen only to happy to sign Warwick’s petition,
This gentleman needed no encouragement to sign Phil’s petition and was not happy with National’s plans to partially-privatise assets that belong to us all,
No sooner does one finish signing, and another person comes up to Warwick,
Collecting more signatures in Bay Road, Kilbirnie’s “main drag”,
All up, several hundred signatures were collected and several dozen electoral enrollent forms handed out. It was a good day for hittuing the streets.
One interesting thing that we found was that most people had already signed the petition. It seems the campaign is well supported by New Zealanders of all walks of life. (John Key – take note.)
Anyone wanting to download the petition can do so from here: http://keepourassets.org.nz/
If you can’t print of a petition form, please email this blogger, and I will post out forms to you,
Remember – every signature counts! (And make sure you are on the Electoral Roll – if you’re not on the Roll, your signature may be discounted.)
Copyright (c) Notice
All images are freely available to be used, with following provisos,
- Use must be for non-commercial purposes.
- Where purpose of use is commercial, a donation to Child Poverty Action Group is requested.
- At all times, images must be used only in context, and not to denigrate individuals.
- Acknowledgement of source is requested.
= fs =
For a better New Zealand…
~ Cleaner rivers
~ No deep-sea oil drilling
~ Less on Roads - more on Rail
~ A Living wage at $19.25/hr
~ Marriage equality - Yay! Got that one!
~ Strong, effective Unions
~ No secret free-trade deals
~ Breakfast/lunches in our schools
~ Introducing Civics into our school curriculum
~ Cut back on the liquor industry
~ A fairer, progressive tax system
~ Fully funded, free healthcare
~ Ditto for education, including Tertiary
~ Fund Pharmac for Pompe's Disease medication & other 'orphan' drugs
~ No state asset sales!
~ Rebuild public TV broadcasting!
~ Keeping farms in local ownership
~ Reduce poverty, like we reduced the toll for road-fatalities
~ Jobs, Jobs, Jobs!
~ Being nice to each other
- The cupboard is bare, says Dear Leader
- This is news?!
- National Minister refers to PM as “Wild Eyed” Right-Winger!
- Letter to the editor – Used car salesmen and pony-tail pullers
- The Mendacities of Mr Key # 12: No More Asset Sales (Kind of)
- 2015 – Ongoing jobless tally
- Why should tradies be prosecuted for doing “cashies” and not paying tax?
- “The Nation” reveals gobsmacking incompetence by Ministers English and Lotu-Iiga
- Today’s irony was brought to you courtesy of former ACT MP and Govt Minister, Rodney Hide
- Tick, tick, tick… Countdown for National begins
- John Key: Profile of a trichophiliac
- John Key, Tania Billingsley, The Waitress, and me
- Producer of ‘The Nation’ hits back at “interference” allegations over ‘Campbell Live’
- The Curious World of the Main Stream Media
- The closure of three prisons and loss of 262 jobs – five issues for the National govt
- Campbell still Live, not gone
- There’s never a towie around when you need one…
- New Poll adds to Len Brown’s problems
- John Key’s government – death by two cuts
- A Message to Winston; A Message to John Key; and a Message to the Regions
- Letter to the editor – This is how much John Key really, really cares for Northland
- Christchurch City Council – Having your asset-cake and eating it
- That was Then, This is Now #27 – John Key on GST
- Letter to the editor – Northland voters have been warned
- Letter to the editor – How much will a ‘free’ trade deal with Sth Korea cost us?
- Latest Horizon Poll – Who paid for survey questions on mass surveillance/data collection?
- Have the media finally learned to ask the right questions?
- Someone at Fairfax is a subversive?
- Opposing the TPPA – the Heavens hold their deluge ’till the People speak
- Northland by-election – a damning poll and a damnable lie?
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- 375,777 hits