Missionary, doggie, cowgirl, or -?
National MP, Kanwaljit Bakshi Singh, asked this extraordinary question in Parliament,
“If you get married, who will be identified as husband, and who will be identified as wife?“
This, I submit to the reader, is a pretty good indication how ridiculous and pathetic the whole issue becomes when Parliament intrudes into the private lives of consenting adults (aided and abetted by some extremist religious groups who feel they have a monopoly of certain institutions).
We now have the bizarre spectacle of a Member of Parliament asking some fairly personal questions that – if I went up to some strangers in a bar – would probably earn me a smack in the head.
But let’s take this situation to it’s natural conclusion. If Mr Singh feels it appropriate to ask personal questions about peoples’ personal lives, my questions to him are;
- Does he prefer missionary, doggie, cowgirl, or perhaps something a little more exotic from the Kama Sutra?
- Does he and Mrs Singh ever do the Wild Thing somewhere other than the marital bedroom? Kitchen? Attic? Laundry?
- Spit or swallow?
As a taxpayer who pays for Mr Singh’s Parliamentary career, and now his opportunity to delve into people’s private lives, I feel I have a new-found right to make these enquiries of Mr Singh.
Actually, I think all Parliamentarians should answer these questions! (Except John Banks. I really don’t want to know. )
This is how utterly stupid the debate on marriage equality can get, when those in “authority” believe they have a moral right to sit in judgement of others, and ask loathsome questions of their private lives.
And if our society applied the same standard of bigotry against Mr Singh that he levelled at the two gay men who appeared at the Select Committee hearing today (22 Nov) – a Whites Only racist society might not have been so welcoming toward him when he applied to immigrate to this country.
Thankfully, he doesn’t have to face a system of apartheid here…
One wonders about his own bigotry.
= fs =
For a better New Zealand…
~ Cleaner rivers
~ No deep-sea oil drilling
~ Less on Roads - more on Rail
~ A Living wage at $19.25/hr
~ Marriage equality - Yay! Got that one!
~ Strong, effective Unions
~ No secret free-trade deals
~ Breakfast/lunches in our schools
~ Introducing Civics into our school curriculum
~ Cut back on the liquor industry
~ A fairer, progressive tax system
~ Fully funded, free healthcare
~ Ditto for education, including Tertiary
~ Fund Pharmac for Pompe's Disease medication & other 'orphan' drugs
~ No state asset sales!
~ Rebuild public TV broadcasting!
~ Keeping farms in local ownership
~ Reduce poverty, like we reduced the toll for road-fatalities
~ Jobs, Jobs, Jobs!
~ Being nice to each other
- On ‘The Nation’ – Anne Tolley Revealed
- The bloated ego of a vain man – When John Key refused to listen
- Polls and pundits – A facepalm moment
- NZ Herald changes – For Real?
- Four Ways to Madness, Kiwi-style – a day in our media
- 2015 – Ongoing jobless tally
- Award for Idiot Comment of the Year – And the winner is…
- National’s blatant lies on Housing NZ dividends – The truth uncovered!
- Colmar Brunton-TV1 News – not giving us the complete picture
- The threat to British democracy…
- What do Hungary and New Zealand have in common?
- Flying the flags of discontent – MOBILISE!
- Letter to the editor – Key suggests private providers for children in CYF services?!
- Letter to the editor – Does Dear Leader recall the ’81 Springbok Tour now?
- An unfortunate advertising placement, child poverty, and breathing air
- Letter to the editor – When 41% of houses are bought by speculators
- Public opposition grows against TPPA – Wellington
- Citizens face Police armed with tasers at Wellington TPPA protest march
- Socially-sanctioned psychopathy harnessed for good
- Is this the defining quote for the 21st Century?
- Letter to the editor – let’s hear it for really, really, daft ideas
- To Annette King – we’ll hold you to that!
- Steven Joyce – Hypocrite of the Week
- Signs of the times…?
- Questions over Serco’s “independent” monitors and it’s Contract with the Crown
- Awash with alcohol and lies in the Internet Age
- The slow dismantling of a Prime Minister continues
- So what is the rationale for private prisons?
- Letter to the editor – More useless reassurances from our Dear Leader
- Letter to the editor – More reassurances from our esteemed Dear Leader?
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- 396,204 hits