Missionary, doggie, cowgirl, or -?
National MP, Kanwaljit Bakshi Singh, asked this extraordinary question in Parliament,
“If you get married, who will be identified as husband, and who will be identified as wife?“
This, I submit to the reader, is a pretty good indication how ridiculous and pathetic the whole issue becomes when Parliament intrudes into the private lives of consenting adults (aided and abetted by some extremist religious groups who feel they have a monopoly of certain institutions).
We now have the bizarre spectacle of a Member of Parliament asking some fairly personal questions that – if I went up to some strangers in a bar – would probably earn me a smack in the head.
But let’s take this situation to it’s natural conclusion. If Mr Singh feels it appropriate to ask personal questions about peoples’ personal lives, my questions to him are;
- Does he prefer missionary, doggie, cowgirl, or perhaps something a little more exotic from the Kama Sutra?
- Does he and Mrs Singh ever do the Wild Thing somewhere other than the marital bedroom? Kitchen? Attic? Laundry?
- Spit or swallow?
As a taxpayer who pays for Mr Singh’s Parliamentary career, and now his opportunity to delve into people’s private lives, I feel I have a new-found right to make these enquiries of Mr Singh.
Actually, I think all Parliamentarians should answer these questions! (Except John Banks. I really don’t want to know. )
This is how utterly stupid the debate on marriage equality can get, when those in “authority” believe they have a moral right to sit in judgement of others, and ask loathsome questions of their private lives.
And if our society applied the same standard of bigotry against Mr Singh that he levelled at the two gay men who appeared at the Select Committee hearing today (22 Nov) – a Whites Only racist society might not have been so welcoming toward him when he applied to immigrate to this country.
Thankfully, he doesn’t have to face a system of apartheid here…
One wonders about his own bigotry.
= fs =
For a better New Zealand…
~ Cleaner rivers
~ No deep-sea oil drilling
~ Less on Roads - more on Rail
~ A Living wage at $19.25/hr
~ Marriage equality - Yay! Got that one!
~ Strong, effective Unions
~ No secret free-trade deals
~ Breakfast/lunches in our schools
~ Introducing Civics into our school curriculum
~ Cut back on the liquor industry
~ A fairer, progressive tax system
~ Fully funded, free healthcare
~ Ditto for education, including Tertiary
~ Fund Pharmac for Pompe's Disease medication & other 'orphan' drugs
~ No state asset sales!
~ Rebuild public TV broadcasting!
~ Keeping farms in local ownership
~ Reduce poverty, like we reduced the toll for road-fatalities
~ Jobs, Jobs, Jobs!
~ Being nice to each other
- This is news?!
- National Minister refers to PM as “Wild Eyed” Right-Winger!
- Letter to the editor – Used car salesmen and pony-tail pullers
- The Mendacities of Mr Key # 12: No More Asset Sales (Kind of)
- 2015 – Ongoing jobless tally
- Why should tradies be prosecuted for doing “cashies” and not paying tax?
- “The Nation” reveals gobsmacking incompetence by Ministers English and Lotu-Iiga
- Today’s irony was brought to you courtesy of former ACT MP and Govt Minister, Rodney Hide
- Tick, tick, tick… Countdown for National begins
- John Key: Profile of a trichophiliac
- John Key, Tania Billingsley, The Waitress, and me
- Producer of ‘The Nation’ hits back at “interference” allegations over ‘Campbell Live’
- The Curious World of the Main Stream Media
- The closure of three prisons and loss of 262 jobs – five issues for the National govt
- Campbell still Live, not gone
- There’s never a towie around when you need one…
- New Poll adds to Len Brown’s problems
- John Key’s government – death by two cuts
- A Message to Winston; A Message to John Key; and a Message to the Regions
- Letter to the editor – This is how much John Key really, really cares for Northland
- Christchurch City Council – Having your asset-cake and eating it
- That was Then, This is Now #27 – John Key on GST
- Letter to the editor – Northland voters have been warned
- Letter to the editor – How much will a ‘free’ trade deal with Sth Korea cost us?
- Latest Horizon Poll – Who paid for survey questions on mass surveillance/data collection?
- Have the media finally learned to ask the right questions?
- Someone at Fairfax is a subversive?
- Opposing the TPPA – the Heavens hold their deluge ’till the People speak
- Northland by-election – a damning poll and a damnable lie?
- Letter to the editor – A right to know?
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- 375,588 hits