W.o.F “reforms” – coming to a crash in your suburb (Part Rua)
Continued from: W.o.F “reforms” – coming to a crash in your suburb
On TV3 News tonight,
… and this is what Simon Bridges wants to liberalise and change from six monthly Warrants of Fitness, to yearly?! Or spot-checks? Or at point-of-sale?!
Whether the police set up this exercise as some kind of “propaganda event” is immaterial.
The point here is that in one night, they found 25 cars that were unroadworthy. One had been lowered to such a degree that their rear tyres were scrapping against the metal body of the car. Double blowouts waiting to happen. (With two young children in the back seat to cap off the car owners’ exercise in stupidity. Candidates for the Darwin Awards, for sure.)
One hopes that Simon Bridges, or some other National Minister, watched TV3 tonight and will squash any suggestion to liberalise the WoF on Monday’s Cabinet meeting.
How many other unsafe, unroadworthy cars are there, driving around on our roads?
I wouldn’t mind so much – except I happen to share those same roads with those rolling death traps.
An email sent to Mr Bridges,
Date: Sat,Saturday, 3 November 2012 9:48 PM
From: Frank Macskasy
Subject: Liberalising the Warrant of Fitness
To: Consumer Affairs Minister Simon Bridges “Simon.Bridges@parliament.govt.nz”
Cc: Campbell Live “firstname.lastname@example.org”,
TV3 News “email@example.com”
Bcc:Kia ora Mr Bridges,I hope you watched TV3 news on Saturday evening (3 November).TV3 presented a news story on a Police clamp-down on unsafe cars on our roads. In one night they wrote of at least 25 vehicles that were in an unsafe and unroadworthy condition.One vehicle had been lowered to such a degree that their rear tyres were scrapping against the metal body of the car. Double blowouts waiting to happen. (With two young children in the back seat to cap off the car owners’ exercise in stupidity.)It is plain to see that there are too many people who think nothing of driving unsafe cars on our roads. A six monthly WoF check picks up some of these foolish people.One can only image the number of rolling deathtraps that will be on our roads should the WoF go from 6 to 12 months, or even longer still.Your suggestion to liberalise the WoF system is badly misguided, and judging by tonights TV3 news story, will result in more deaths on our roads.I ask that you cease your agenda on this issue and focus your attention elsewhere to facilitate safer roads. Otherwise your little experiment in de-regulation will cost lives.Regards,-Frank MacskasyBlogger
Let’s hope that common sense prevails. It’s not that difficult.
= fs =
For a better New Zealand…
~ Cleaner rivers
~ No deep-sea oil drilling
~ Less on Roads - more on Rail
~ A Living wage at $19.25/hr
~ Marriage equality - Yay! Got that one!
~ Strong, effective Unions
~ No secret free-trade deals
~ Breakfast/lunches in our schools
~ Introducing Civics into our school curriculum
~ Cut back on the liquor industry
~ A fairer, progressive tax system
~ Fully funded, free healthcare
~ Ditto for education, including Tertiary
~ Fund Pharmac for Pompe's Disease medication & other 'orphan' drugs
~ No state asset sales!
~ Rebuild public TV broadcasting!
~ Keeping farms in local ownership
~ Reduce poverty, like we reduced the toll for road-fatalities
~ Jobs, Jobs, Jobs!
~ Being nice to each other
- Letter to the editor – Even Tim Groser was in the dark?!
- 2015 – Ongoing jobless tally
- The Mendacity of Ms Una Jagose, Spymaster
- Letter to the editor – Annette King on the TPPA
- On ‘The Nation’ – Anne Tolley Revealed
- The bloated ego of a vain man – When John Key refused to listen
- Polls and pundits – A facepalm moment
- NZ Herald changes – For Real?
- Four Ways to Madness, Kiwi-style – a day in our media
- Award for Idiot Comment of the Year – And the winner is…
- National’s blatant lies on Housing NZ dividends – The truth uncovered!
- Colmar Brunton-TV1 News – not giving us the complete picture
- The threat to British democracy…
- What do Hungary and New Zealand have in common?
- Flying the flags of discontent – MOBILISE!
- Letter to the editor – Key suggests private providers for children in CYF services?!
- Letter to the editor – Does Dear Leader recall the ’81 Springbok Tour now?
- An unfortunate advertising placement, child poverty, and breathing air
- Letter to the editor – When 41% of houses are bought by speculators
- Public opposition grows against TPPA – Wellington
- Citizens face Police armed with tasers at Wellington TPPA protest march
- Socially-sanctioned psychopathy harnessed for good
- Is this the defining quote for the 21st Century?
- Letter to the editor – let’s hear it for really, really, daft ideas
- To Annette King – we’ll hold you to that!
- Steven Joyce – Hypocrite of the Week
- Signs of the times…?
- Questions over Serco’s “independent” monitors and it’s Contract with the Crown
- Awash with alcohol and lies in the Internet Age
- The slow dismantling of a Prime Minister continues
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- 396,603 hits