Help Talley’s Affco Workers!
Talleys AFFCO workers thoughout the ccountry are being locked out, as their employer – amulti-million dollar company – tries to break their Union; destroy their conditions; and end up with a compliant and easily exploitable workforce.
Like the Ports of Auckland dispute, this is not just about fair pay – this is about smashing a union and removing the rights of free men and women to join an association (ie, trade union) of their own free will.
This is about an abuse of corporate power.
This is about forcing vulnerable low-paid workers to abandion their Union and collective contracts.
This is happening right here, in our own country.
All fair-minded New Zealanders should ask themselves;
“Is this fair?”
“Are our jobs at risk from other companies?”
“Is my job next???”
Help support the Talleys AFFCO workers. You can do your bit to help our fellow Kiwis! You can,
- You can give a quick $5 by calling: 0900 562 5688.
- Donations can be made directly to their Kiwi Bank dispute fund. The account name is ‘NZCTU Disputes Fund’ and the number is 38 9007 0894028 08 (Kiwi Bank).
- Sign their support petition
- Support the BOYCOTT TALLEYS campaign when you go grocery shopping
- Join the Facebook campaigns;
- Spread the word through your friends, family, and social media (Facebook, etc)
- Donate food – drop-off points here
- Tell your supermarket you won’t be buying any Talleys products until the lockouts are ended!
- Email a link to this page to your friends & family, and share on your Facebook page. Spread the word!
——————————– print & cut out & add to your grocery list ——————————–
BOYCOTT THESE FOOD PRODUCTS MANUFACTURED BY TALLEYS
“Talley’s Frozen Veges”
“Talley’s Crème de la Crème”
“Talley’s Guilt Free Ice Cream”
& anything else with a Talley’s Brand
These are things we can all do, to help. We’re not so powerless when we all do our little bit!
Talley’s AFFCO is locking out their employees – men and women who work to put food on the tables of their families, and to raise their children.
We cannot let a well-resourced, highly profitable corporation (with the passive acceptable of our useless governmant and Smile & Wave Prime Minister) do this to our own people!
We can fight back! We will fight back!
Note: A link to this Blogpost has been emailed to Talleys’ H.O. The spreading campaign to boycott their food products might give Talleys cause for thought;
Subject: Lockout of workers & response from New Zealanders
Date: Friday, 6 April, 2012 11:50 PM
From: “Frank Macskasy” <email@example.com>
To: “Rober Darragh” <firstname.lastname@example.org>, “Mark Longhurst” <email@example.com>
Cc: “Morning Report” <firstname.lastname@example.org>, “Nine To Noon RNZ” <email@example.com>, “Kim Hill” <firstname.lastname@example.org>, “Dominion Post” <email@example.com>, “NZ Herald” <firstname.lastname@example.org>
The people of New Zealand are viewing with considerable concern your actions against your own workers. The lockouts affecting over 1,000 men and women, and their families, is unnacceptable to all fair-minded New Zealanders.
Accordingly, please take note: a campaign to boycott your products is being mounted via social media (Facebook, etc) ; blogs; and other media and internet sites.
As with public support for locked-out port workers in Auckland, this campaign will grow in strength and intensity.
But unlike the ports of Auckland dispute, where ordinary people were not direct stakeholders in the Port company, and had little direct influence – the campaign to boycott Talley’s products is a public issue. Consumers will be able to participate directly in this boycott campaign.
I hope you understand the power of a consumer boycott?
Aside from the primary affect of losing customer support, your brand will also suffer accordingly, as Talley’s becomes synonymous with corporate bullying of workers.
I encourage you to reconsider your lockout and to return to the bargaining table, to negotiate in good faith.
– Frank Macskasy
* * *
Continued at: Help Talley’s Affco Workers! (Part #Rua)
= fs =
For a better New Zealand…
~ Cleaner rivers
~ No deep-sea oil drilling
~ Less on Roads - more on Rail
~ A Living wage at $20.20/hr
~ Marriage equality - Yay! Got that one!
~ Strong, effective Unions
~ No secret free-trade deals
~ Breakfast/lunches in our schools
~ Introducing Civics into our school curriculum
~ Cut back on the liquor industry
~ A fairer, progressive tax system
~ Fully funded, free healthcare
~ Ditto for education, including Tertiary
~ Fund Pharmac for Pompe's Disease medication & other 'orphan' drugs
~ No state asset sales!
~ Rebuild public TV broadcasting!
~ Keeping farms in local ownership
~ Reduce poverty, like we reduced the toll for road-fatalities
~ State housing for life
~ Jobs, Jobs, Jobs!
~ Stronger communities
- Health care workers pay increase – fair-pay or fish-hooks?
- Trumpwatch: One minute closer to midnight on the Doomsday Clock
- Letter to the editor – Bill English dives head first into the cover-up cess-pool
- Letter to the editor – Commission of Inquiry, NOW!
- TV3’s The Project – A Babyboomer lowers the boom
- The Rise and Rise of Daddy State: MSD blackmails NGOs for private data
- 2017 – Ongoing jobless tally
- Trumpwatch: The Art of Deflection
- Trumpwatch: Fake News, Soft News, and Non-News
- The Mendacities of Mr English – The covert agenda of high immigration
- Election ’17 Countdown: The Promise of Nirvana to come
- Trumpwatch: “… then they came for the LGBT”
- Election ’17 Countdown: Joyce – let the lolly scramble begin!
- Election ’17 Countdown: The Strategy of Ohariu
- Trumpwatch: The Drum(pf)s of War
- The Mendacities of Mr English – Social Services under National’s tender mercies
- Trumpwatch: Muslims, mandates, and moral courage
- Trumpwatch: Voter fraud, Presidential delusions, and Fox News
- Cutting taxes toward more user-pays – the Great Kiwi Con
- St John management applies tourniquet to workers’ throats
- Letter to the editor – Juliet Moses does NOT speak on my behalf!
- The Legacy of a Dismantled Prime Minister
- Trumpwatch: Trump escalates, Putin congratulates
- Protestors condemn Russian involvement in atrocities in Aleppo
- The Sweet’n’Sour Deliciousness of Irony: Russia accused of meddling in US Election
- Charter Schools in a Post-Truth Era
- The Dismantling of a Prime Minister – Completed
- The Mendacities of Mr Key # 19: Tax Cuts Galore! Money Scramble!
- The Rise of Great Leader Trump
- An earthquake separates John Key and ‘The Iron Lady’, Margaret Thatcher
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- 448,783 hits