If anyone wants to see the Working Class…
… rarked up, then check out this Facebook page; OFFICIAL meat workers and locked out Talley’s AFFCO active supporters forum.
This page – and others like it – shows a growing anger and consciousness amongst workers.
Bosses at Ports of Auckland Ltd, Talleys AFFCO, Oceania Resthomes, CML, etc, may think that they have the upper hand – but they are tragically fooling themselves.
The politicisation of workers is a power-base that is just waiting for a political Party such as Mana to adopt as their own.
Interesting, isn’t it. National was elected by a middle class eager to accept the bribes of tax cuts dangled in front of them in 2008.
What no one counted on was that National would go far beyond cutting taxes and borrowing a few billion to pay for loss of revenue. The Tories and their business mates had another agenda. An agenda that involved neutralising unions; driving down wages; casualising the workforce; and contracting out social services to waiting corporate interests.
But what National didn’t count on was that New Zealand workers were not prepared to give up without a fight. Despite all the gutter tactics of smear campaigns; harrassing unionists; false allegations; leaked personal details; and using feral bloggers for a dirty psych-war – workers simply got more and more and more angry.
If I were a right wing strategist looking a year out into the future, I would be keeping an eye on what is becoming a classic “class war”.
I would be noticing, with a fair degree of nervousness, the deepening anger and politicisation of ordinary workers.
And I’d be wondering if perhaps – just perhaps – the actions of the right wing and monied-interests has backfired badly on them.
Because even the middle classes, from what I’m hearing, are starting to feel threatened by all this argy-bargy.
Once the middle classes are distracted from their day-to-day irrelevancies and junk-tv, and become annoyed – then it’s game-over for the government.
The smartest thing National could do right now is to have a quiet word in the ear of certain bosses and tell them to cease-and-desist raising the ire of workers. They really should.
But they won’t. That’s the problem with the Tory born-to-rule attitude; they don’t see the masses rising up in pissed-off, righteous, anger until it’s way too late.
As for the workers – just keep doing what you’re doing and encourage your whanau and mates to join in. Because I’ll tell you this my fellow New Zealanders; as sure as the sun will rise tomorrow and John Key will smile, they are sh*t scared of you.
You are winning.
+ + + Updates + + +
Date: Apr 16, 2012 at 11:38 AM
Subject: Wellington AFFCO solidarity
$2,289.60 was collected in Wellington over the weekend for locked out Talley’s Workers. Big thanks to everyone who helped out.
= fs =
For a better New Zealand…
~ Cleaner rivers
~ No deep-sea oil drilling
~ Less on Roads - more on Rail
~ A Living wage at $20.20/hr
~ Marriage equality - Yay! Got that one!
~ Strong, effective Unions
~ No secret free-trade deals
~ Breakfast/lunches in our schools
~ Introducing Civics into our school curriculum
~ Cut back on the liquor industry
~ A fairer, progressive tax system
~ Fully funded, free healthcare
~ Ditto for education, including Tertiary
~ Fund Pharmac for Pompe's Disease medication & other 'orphan' drugs
~ No state asset sales!
~ Rebuild public TV broadcasting!
~ Keeping farms in local ownership
~ Reduce poverty, like we reduced the toll for road-fatalities
~ State housing for life
~ Jobs, Jobs, Jobs!
~ Stronger communities
- Trumpwatch: The Drum(pf)s of War
- The Mendacities of Mr English – Social Services under National’s tender mercies
- Trumpwatch: Muslims, mandates, and moral courage
- Trumpwatch: Voter fraud, Presidential delusions, and Fox News
- Cutting taxes toward more user-pays – the Great Kiwi Con
- St John management applies tourniquet to workers’ throats
- Letter to the editor – Juliet Moses does NOT speak on my behalf!
- The Legacy of a Dismantled Prime Minister
- Trump escalates, Putin congratulates
- Protestors condemn Russian involvement in atrocities in Aleppo
- The Sweet’n’Sour Deliciousness of Irony: Russia accused of meddling in US Election
- Charter Schools in a Post-Truth Era
- The Dismantling of a Prime Minister – Completed
- The Mendacities of Mr Key # 19: Tax Cuts Galore! Money Scramble!
- The Rise of Great Leader Trump
- An earthquake separates John Key and ‘The Iron Lady’, Margaret Thatcher
- When Life is a Lottery
- The seductiveness of Trumpism
- 2016 – Ongoing jobless tally and why unemployment statistics will no longer be used
- Black Ops from the SIS and FBI?
- Expose: Winston Peters; the 1997 speeches; and neo-liberal tendencies
- Letter to the editor – Do National voters want us to be tenants in our own country?
- Congratulations Dr Smith!!
- Special Education Funding – Robbing Peter, Paul, and Mary to pay Tom, Dick, and Harriet
- New Zealand – we’re in the sh*t
- We don’t want to send the wrong message – John Key
- National exploits fudged Statistics NZ unemployment figures
- Is Karl du Fresne happy now?
- “Spinning” in a post-truth era
- Letter to the editor – Plunket and the slow strangulation of community organisations
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- 444,246 hits