G’day & Kia ora!
… To my blog. I’m a social democrat, with centre-left tendencies in some areas; centrist in others; and centre-right in bugger-all (if any).
If you look over to the right (excuse the implications), you’ll see a brief list of my beliefs for a better New Zealand. Funny thing – we used to have so many of those things in this country, once upon a time…
And below that, a list of my Recent Posts. Feel free to have a read and, if you’re inclined, leave a comment. I welcome your ideas and responses to my comments. (Please note that most of my blogposts first appear on The Daily Blog, and are then re-published here five to seven days later. So check out both blogs – there are heaps of excellent writers on TDB!)
My blog, my thoughts, my five cents plus 15% gst worth. Hopefully it didn’t leave you bored…
– Frank Macskasy
That-a-way → → → → → → → → → → → → → → → → → → → → → → → →
= fs =
For a better New Zealand…
~ Cleaner rivers
~ No deep-sea oil drilling
~ Less on Roads - more on Rail
~ A Living wage at $19.25/hr
~ Marriage equality - Yay! Got that one!
~ Strong, effective Unions
~ No secret free-trade deals
~ Breakfast/lunches in our schools
~ Introducing Civics into our school curriculum
~ Cut back on the liquor industry
~ A fairer, progressive tax system
~ Fully funded, free healthcare
~ Ditto for education, including Tertiary
~ Fund Pharmac for Pompe's Disease medication & other 'orphan' drugs
~ No state asset sales!
~ Rebuild public TV broadcasting!
~ Keeping farms in local ownership
~ Reduce poverty, like we reduced the toll for road-fatalities
~ Jobs, Jobs, Jobs!
~ Being nice to each other
- Letter to the editor – “Throwing money at the problem” of homelessness
- Flying the Red-Green Banner of Resistance
- Why is Paula Bennett media-shy all of a sudden?
- Success for National Govt – new bank opens!
- The Mendacities of Mr English – Fibbing from Finance Minister confirmed
- Letter to the editor – homelessness, class eugenics, and middle class sensibilities
- Upper Hutt residents mobilise to fight State House sell-off
- Budget 2016 – Who wins; who loses; who pays?
- Letter to the editor – Did Bill English try to pull a swiftie on ‘The Nation’?
- State house sell-off in Tauranga unravelling?
- The slow dismantling of a Prime Minister – downward slide continues
- Andrew Little’s “dangerous” speech – a cunning plan for the Middle and the Left
- Foot in Mouth award – another former ACT MP plumbs new depths of dumbness
- Letter to the editor – Who are the Real Greedies?
- Hooton and Farrar slag Key – With friends like these…
- Letter to Radio NZ – Homelessness, Poverty, and the Final Solution
- Letter to the editor – Mark Weldon’s fan club offers support
- Panama Papers: Matthew Hooton’s Alternate Universes on Twitter and Radio NZ
- Foot in Mouth award – Former ACT MP exposes flaw in free-market system
- Letter to the editor – Dear Leader loses the plot in Parliament
- Dodgy tax havens and even dodgier Peter Dunne’s memory
- 2016 – Ongoing jobless tally
- Climate Change Minister Paula Bennett revealed
- National – Party 4 Sale?
- That was Then, This is Now #28 – John Key on transparency
- When National is under attack – Deflect, deflect, deflect!
- National MP Mark Mitchell and his breath-taking display of arrogance
- The Mendacities of Mr Key # 16: The sale of Kiwibank eight years in the planning?
- Flag thoughts and settling dust – Dedicated to our esteemed Dear Leader and Audrey Young
- When Fact Follows Fiction – The Weird World of U.S. Politics
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- 423,849 hits