With a change of government appearing to be a foregone conclusion, there will be many challenges facing a centre-left coalition that will have to be addressed.
Setting aside for a moment who will lead the new coalition or what Parties may or may not comprise it – what six issues do you think should take priority for a new government?
Feel free to list what you believe to be the top six priorities of a new centre-left coalition. You can list them in order of importance (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6) or alphabetically or random bullet-points.
As submissions accumulate, I will send a link to this page to various MPs, from various centre-left Parties, for their attention.
1. This isn’t intended as a full-on debating page (yet). One post per person, please, unless you have a follow up point to make, in which case I can condense two posts into one.
So please just list YOUR six policy priorities give as much (or as little) explanation as you feel necessary. Don’t critique others posts.
2. You may give your Party affiliation (if you have one) if you like. (But no Party political speeches, please. I’m interested in what you think a new government should be doing.)
3. National/ACT or other sundry right wingers – I’ll be brutally frank (!) here. I’m not interested in hearing from you. Your Parties are already in government, so if you have any suggestions, feel free to send them directly to Dear Leader. I’m sure he’d just love to hear from you.
Thank you for participating!
- Frank Macskasy
= fs =
For a better New Zealand…
~ Cleaner rivers
~ No deep-sea oil drilling
~ Less on Roads - more on Rail
~ A Living wage at $18.40/hr
~ Marriage equality - Yay! Got that one!
~ Strong, effective Unions
~ No secret free-trade deals
~ Breakfast/lunches in our schools
~ Introducing Civics into our school curriculum
~ Cut back on the liquor industry
~ A fairer, progressive tax system
~ Fully funded, free healthcare
~ Ditto for education, including Tertiary
~ Fund Pharmac for Pompe's Disease medication & other 'orphan' drugs
~ No state asset sales!
~ Rebuild public TV broadcasting!
~ Keeping farms in local ownership
~ Reduce poverty, like we reduced the toll for road-fatalities
~ Jobs, Jobs, Jobs!
~ Being nice to each other
- Guest Author: The Rock Fuels NZ Roastbuster Rape Culture
- Dunne won’t read ‘muck-raking’ Dirty Politics
- Whale spotted off Wellington
- Radio NZ: Politics with Matthew Hooton and Mike Williams – 1 September 2014
- Call for Aaron Bhatnagar’s resignation from govt body
- National Housing propaganda – McGehan Close Revisited
- A positive story of political co-operation!
- “Dirty Politics” – the fall-out continues…
- Letter to the Editor – a message to Cantabrians
- Letter to the Editor – fiscal irresponsibility by National
- Letter to the Editor – the PM? Or PM’s Office?
- Party Lists – Election 2014
- The Rise and Fall of John Key – who will be the next Leader of the National Party?
- Letter to the editor – fiscal prudence or another election bribe?
- Radio NZ: Politics with Matthew Hooton and Mike Williams – 25 August 2014
- Radio NZ Debate: Bill English vs David Parker
- The Donghua Liu Affair: Evidence of Collusion between the NZ Herald and Immigration NZ?
- So who’s a “conspiracy theorist” now?!
- Letter to the Editor – Key’s credibility, blown in the wind…
- My political compass…
- I do not condone this…
- Letter to the Editor – Transparency in government – do we have it or not?!
- Letter to the Editor – The Marianna’s Trench or Pluto?! WTF was Key holidaying?!
- Letter to the Editor – Just what is the Prime Minister’s role?!
- “Dirty Politics” and The Teflon Man
- 2014 – Ongoing jobless tally
- Letter to the Editor: no phones in Hawaii, eh?
- When Stupid meets Hypocrisy, the result is David Farrar – *Update*
- Key’s ducking for cover – utterly unbelievable!!!
- Letter to the Editor: National’s blighted future?
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- 322,985 hits