A Question to Dear Leader…
Dear Leader seems mightily het up about some dastardly, nefarious activity targeted at our country…
from: Frank Macskasy <email@example.com>
to: Otago Daily Times <firstname.lastname@example.org>
date: Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 7:25 PM
subject: letters to the editor
.The EditorOTAGO DAILY TIMES.
Our illustrious Dear Leader, the Rt Hon John Key, seems somewhat vexed by cyber threats originating from overseas and directed at our “clean and green” nation. He said in Parliament on 21 August,
“There will be times where a serious cyber intrusion is detected against a New Zealander and the GCSB will then need to look at content – that’s why the law allows that. But that should be the end point, not the starting point.”
If the threats to our “100% Pure” country originate from overseas, one is left with a tantalising question; why is the GCSB and Related Legislation Amendment Bill, and related Telecommunications (Interception Capability and Security) Amendment Bill, designed to spy on New Zealanders?
Shouldn’t the GCSB be focusing on external “threats” rather than on us?
After all, wasn’t that the original purpose of the GCSB when it was first formed in 1977?
(address and phone number supplied)
= fs =
For a better New Zealand…
~ Cleaner rivers
~ No deep-sea oil drilling
~ Less on Roads - more on Rail
~ A Living wage at $18.40/hr
~ Marriage equality - Yay! Got that one!
~ Strong, effective Unions
~ No secret free-trade deals
~ Breakfast/lunches in our schools
~ Introducing Civics into our school curriculum
~ Cut back on the liquor industry
~ A fairer, progressive tax system
~ Fully funded, free healthcare
~ Ditto for education, including Tertiary
~ Fund Pharmac for Pompe's Disease medication & other 'orphan' drugs
~ No state asset sales!
~ Rebuild public TV broadcasting!
~ Keeping farms in local ownership
~ Reduce poverty, like we reduced the toll for road-fatalities
~ Jobs, Jobs, Jobs!
~ Being nice to each other
- Letter to the editor – National squanders our super fund!
- OIA Request points to beneficiary beat-up by Minister Chester Borrows
- Census, Surveys, and Cellphones (Part rua)
- Radio NZ: Politics with Matthew Hooton and Mike Williams – 9 December 2013
- Letter to the Editor: Should Key attend Mandela’s funeral?
- Farewell, Nelson Mandela…
- I’ve voted – have you?
- John on John…
- A letter to the editor…
- Bring in the clowns…
- Radio NZ: Politics with Matthew Hooton and Mike Williams – 2 December 2013
- The ChCh by-election – a letter to the editor…
- Another “satisfied” WINZ client…
- Full access for everyone!
- Geoff Robinson – an era ends.
- Radio NZ: Politics with Matthew Hooton and Mike Williams – 25 November 2013
- Radio NZ: Focus on Politics for 22 November 2013
- 2013 – Ongoing jobless talley
- One Dunedinite’s response to the passing of the GCSB Bill…
- Random Thoughts on Random Things #5…
- Random Thoughts on Random Things #4…
- Random Thoughts on Random Things #3…
- Random Thoughts on Random Things #2…
- Random Thoughts on Random Things #1…
- Another good poll for a LabourGreen government
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011