Building National’s Brighter Future…
At a time when this country’s construction companies should be laughing all the way to the bank, re-building Christchurch…
At a time when we need 100,000 new houses for our young folk…
At a time when we have 175,000 unemployed (and rising) people, desperate for jobs…
At a time when we have a serious shortage of skilled tradespeople…
This is what we get instead,
Seriously now. If any National Party voters are reading this – is this what you had in mind when you voted for Key and his “Brighter Future” rhetoric and empty promises?
Because, really, this is what a hands-off, neo-liberal government does. It does nothing. Instead, like some kind of cargo-cult, it places it’s faith in the “Market”. And the result is an economy stagnating and people losing their jobs.
These people are your fellow New Zealanders. Do National supporters feel ok about this?
I’m hoping not. I’m hoping that a number of National voters are starting to come to the realisation that things are terribly wrong, and John Key and his mates haven’t a clue.
But in case some National voters think this is acceptable and are comfortable with companies falling over and unemployment sky-rocketing – then a pox on your heads. May your children be the next to depart this country and never return.
= fs =
For a better New Zealand…
~ Cleaner rivers
~ No deep-sea oil drilling
~ Less on Roads - more on Rail
~ A Living wage at $18.40/hr
~ Marriage equality - Yay! Got that one!
~ Strong, effective Unions
~ No secret free-trade deals
~ Breakfast/lunches in our schools
~ Introducing Civics into our school curriculum
~ Cut back on the liquor industry
~ A fairer, progressive tax system
~ Fully funded, free healthcare
~ Ditto for education, including Tertiary
~ Fund Pharmac for Pompe's Disease medication & other 'orphan' drugs
~ No state asset sales!
~ Rebuild public TV broadcasting!
~ Keeping farms in local ownership
~ Reduce poverty, like we reduced the toll for road-fatalities
~ Jobs, Jobs, Jobs!
~ Being nice to each other
- People power trumps vile sexism any day!
- 2014 – Ongoing jobless tally
- Guest Author: A Cry of desperation from Christchurch
- Letter to the Editor – the Royal Visit and endless photo ops for Dear Leader
- National MPs – giving us the finger in election year
- Random Thoughts on Random Things #7 – the fate of the Maori Party
- The Media will respond to Kim Dotcom’s up-coming revelations professionally, impartially, and with all due diligence…
- Guest Author: So John Key, a man can’t be a feminist?
- Dear Leader loves you!
- Party Lists – Election 2014
- To any Israeli solidiers reading this…
- TV3 News on Polling Cellphone Users – Only A Year Late
- Barbarians at the Gates
- The Donghua Liu Affair: responses from NZ Herald and Prime Minister’s Office – Is the PM’s office fudging?
- Protest against National Party soiree results in one arrest – for bugger all!
- The Great Worldwide Treasure Hunt – NZ Herald style…
- The Liu Affair: The first step to a complaint to the Press Council.
- The Donghua Liu Affair – the impending final act and curtain-fall in this smear-campaign
- Another useless law?
- Political Joke of the Week…
- The Donghua Liu Affair threatens to unravel – PM and NZ Herald caught up in a dirty trick campaign?
- Nat’s courts good, Labour’s courts bad?!
- Political cartoon of the Week!
- Why this young chap will be voting National…
- The Donghua Liu Affair – Damn lies, dirty tricks, and a docile media
- ‘Tricky’ media…
- Let’s cast the net and see what rotten fish we catch…
- Labour’s collapse in the polls – why?
- Three suggestions for Labour
- The Boundless Arrogance of the Right
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- 305,770 hits