Christians – can we vote on YOUR marriage now?
72,000 signatories to Family First’s petition want the right to vote on other people’s right to be married?
That would be fair – if the rest of us had a chance to vote on whether or not those 72,000 Christians (?) should be married or not.
We could make it totally democratic and run on-going Referenda on couples, through Facebook. Each couple could state their case to voters and the public could vote “Yay” or “Nay”.
Is it too late to have a belated vote on whether Mr MCoskrie (and Garth McVicar!?) should be allowed to be married? (Not to each other, I mean. Although… )
This is how ridiculous it gets, that so-called “Christians” think it appropriate to vote on other peoples’ private lives.
Little wonder that so many view religious fundamentalism as intrusive in our lives.
(Note: with apologies to Christians, Jews, Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists, Pantheists, etc, who are more tolerant. )
= fs =
For a better New Zealand…
~ Cleaner rivers
~ No deep-sea oil drilling
~ Less on Roads - more on Rail
~ A Living wage at $18.40/hr
~ Marriage equality - Yay! Got that one!
~ Strong, effective Unions
~ No secret free-trade deals
~ Breakfast/lunches in our schools
~ Introducing Civics into our school curriculum
~ Cut back on the liquor industry
~ A fairer, progressive tax system
~ Fully funded, free healthcare
~ Ditto for education, including Tertiary
~ Fund Pharmac for Pompe's Disease medication & other 'orphan' drugs
~ No state asset sales!
~ Rebuild public TV broadcasting!
~ Keeping farms in local ownership
~ Reduce poverty, like we reduced the toll for road-fatalities
~ Jobs, Jobs, Jobs!
~ Being nice to each other
- When the mainstream media go feral: A tale of two holidays
- Party Lists – Election 2014
- Another media gaffe – this time it’s TV3’s Brook Sabin
- Frankly speaking #2…
- Frankly speaking…
- Message to TV3 execs – Is this really acceptable?
- Mike Hosking as TVNZ’s moderator for political debates?! WTF?!
- An interesting poll from TVNZ. Note some of the VERY left-wing questions!?
- 2014 – Ongoing jobless tally
- People power trumps vile sexism any day!
- Guest Author: A Cry of desperation from Christchurch
- Letter to the Editor – the Royal Visit and endless photo ops for Dear Leader
- National MPs – giving us the finger in election year
- Random Thoughts on Random Things #7 – the fate of the Maori Party
- The Media will respond to Kim Dotcom’s up-coming revelations professionally, impartially, and with all due diligence…
- Guest Author: So John Key, a man can’t be a feminist?
- Dear Leader loves you!
- To any Israeli solidiers reading this…
- TV3 News on Polling Cellphone Users – Only A Year Late
- Barbarians at the Gates
- The Donghua Liu Affair: responses from NZ Herald and Prime Minister’s Office – Is the PM’s office fudging?
- Protest against National Party soiree results in one arrest – for bugger all!
- The Great Worldwide Treasure Hunt – NZ Herald style…
- The Liu Affair: The first step to a complaint to the Press Council.
- The Donghua Liu Affair – the impending final act and curtain-fall in this smear-campaign
- Another useless law?
- Political Joke of the Week…
- The Donghua Liu Affair threatens to unravel – PM and NZ Herald caught up in a dirty trick campaign?
- Nat’s courts good, Labour’s courts bad?!
- Political cartoon of the Week!
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- 308,047 hits