John Banks, ACT, and miscellaneous laws
ACT is very, very BIG on law and order.
In fact, they often refer themselves as the “law and order” Party.
Their website is unequivocal about ACT’s hard-line, no-compromise, approach to Law and Order,
ACT even refers to the “broken windows” concept; attacking crime at the beginning when “criminal activity is significantly less likely to escalate when caught and punished early “.
ACT even has a “One Law for All” policy,
Their “One Law for All” refers to Maori – but one assumes that ACT intends this policy to apply equally, to all people living in this country.
Well… maybe not,
One law for all, huh? That apparently demands a Tui.
However, Banks’ lawyer, QC David Jones stated that,
‘‘Mr Banks will comply with any lawful direction of the court to attend the court as required.’’
Well, that’s jolly big of him.
This case will be a test; are our elected representatives – especially those in positions of ministerial power – bound by the same laws that the rest of us mere mortals are?
After all, “criminal activity is significantly less likely to escalate when caught and punished early “.
Let’s wait, watch, and find out…
= fs =
For a better New Zealand…
~ Cleaner rivers
~ No deep-sea oil drilling
~ Less on Roads - more on Rail
~ A Living wage at $18.40/hr
~ Marriage equality - Yay! Got that one!
~ Strong, effective Unions
~ No secret free-trade deals
~ Breakfast/lunches in our schools
~ Introducing Civics into our school curriculum
~ Cut back on the liquor industry
~ A fairer, progressive tax system
~ Fully funded, free healthcare
~ Ditto for education, including Tertiary
~ Fund Pharmac for Pompe's Disease medication & other 'orphan' drugs
~ No state asset sales!
~ Rebuild public TV broadcasting!
~ Keeping farms in local ownership
~ Reduce poverty, like we reduced the toll for road-fatalities
~ Jobs, Jobs, Jobs!
~ Being nice to each other
- Letter to the Editor: no phones in Hawaii, eh?
- When Stupid meets Hypocrisy, the result is David Farrar – *Update*
- Key’s ducking for cover – utterly unbelievable!!!
- Letter to the Editor: National’s blighted future?
- Young Zealanders – Rebels WITH a cause.
- When Stupid meets Hypocrisy, the result is David Farrar
- When Karma caught up with Cameron Slater
- On course for a change of government – hold her steady!
- Death threats made to rightwing blogger?
- The Mendacities of Mr Key #7: What is Dear Leader actually saying here?
- David Farrar – A Question for you please?
- State propaganda on TVNZ – pssst, just don’t mention the war! Er, Election!
- The Mendacities of Mr Key #6: When apologising to a victim of violence is not considered “serious”
- Dear John – Time to answer a few questions! – Hone Harawira
- Mana-Internet Roadshow hits Wellington
- Letter to the Editor: Lies, damn lies, and media sensationalising
- Letter to the Editor: Jump Epsom voters, Jump!
- 2014 – Ongoing jobless tally
- Report: Increasing the minimum wage v.s. job losses
- Latest Roy Morgan Poll – the game has turned!
- An open message to Kelvin Davis…
- The Right-wing – strong on crime!
- Do our bit: boycott Israeli goods and commercial interests!
- Letter to the Editor: War crimes in Gaza – we must take a stand!
- Waiting for Gower’s Twittering of indignation…
- Letter to the Editor: What to do with the Israeli Ambassador?
- Planet Key!
- Russell Brand nails a Fox News fascist’s arse to the wall
- Party Lists – Election 2014
- Wellingtonians say ‘No!’ to Israeli aggression
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- 316,633 hits