National bleeding poll support…
The latest Roy Morgan poll has National continuing to fall in the polls.
The “dead cat bounce” previous rise – due mostly to redneck kneejerk reaction to Maori water claims – appears to have been only a temporary respite for this lame-duck administration.
The poll results,
National Party to 41.5% (down 2%) – 50 seats
Maori Party 1.5% (down 1%) – 3 seats?
ACT NZ 0.5% (unchanged) – 1 seat?
United Future 0.5% (up 0.5%) – 1 seat?
Total National-led coalition-bloc: 55 seats (?)
Support for Labour is 33.5% (up 0.5%) – 41 seats
Greens are 13.5% (up 2%) – 17 seats
New Zealand First 6.5% (up 1.5%) – 8 seats
Mana Party 0% – 1 seat
Total Labour-led coalition-bloc: 67 seats (?)
Without much doubt, National is on it’s way out – a two-term “government”.
The question is – how much damage will this inept, unfocused, “government” cause before they are thrown out at the next election?
At this point, the only thing we can look forward to is a by-election or a defection from the National-led coalition.
= fs =
For a better New Zealand…
~ Cleaner rivers
~ No deep-sea oil drilling
~ Less on Roads - more on Rail
~ A Living wage at $18.40/hr
~ Marriage equality - Yay! Got that one!
~ Strong, effective Unions
~ No secret free-trade deals
~ Breakfast/lunches in our schools
~ Introducing Civics into our school curriculum
~ Cut back on the liquor industry
~ A fairer, progressive tax system
~ Fully funded, free healthcare
~ Ditto for education, including Tertiary
~ Fund Pharmac for Pompe's Disease medication & other 'orphan' drugs
~ No state asset sales!
~ Rebuild public TV broadcasting!
~ Keeping farms in local ownership
~ Reduce poverty, like we reduced the toll for road-fatalities
~ Jobs, Jobs, Jobs!
~ Being nice to each other
- Know your Tory fellow travellers and ideologues: John Bishop, Taxpayers Union, and the NZ Herald
- That was Then, This is Now #24 – Key challenges Cunliffe – then doesn’t!
- When in trouble – blame the “filthy benes”!
- Not all photo ops are welcomed events…
- Letter to the Editor: The power of the vote
- A message from Greenpeace about Simon Bridges
- Letter to the Editor: John Key and State-sanctioned murder
- 2014 – Ongoing jobless talley
- From the mouth of Dear Leader…
- They marched against the TPPA and the threat to our sovereignty (part rua)
- They marched against the TPPA and the threat to our sovereignty (part tahi)
- Letter to the Editor: Is National in trouble in the polls?
- In remembrance of Ernie Abbott
- Thank you, Geoff, and best wishes for your future…
- Winston Peters recycles pledge to “buy back state assets” – where have we heard that before?
- Radio NZ: Nine To Noon – Election year interviews – Jamie Whyte
- A Query to the Taxpayers Union – ***UP DATE ***
- Radio NZ: Politics with Matthew Hooton and Mike Williams – 24 March 2014
- Radio NZ: Focus on Politics for 21 March 2014
- National, The Economy, and coming Speed Wobbles – March Update
- Political Identification Chart for the upcoming Election
- A Query to the Taxpayers Union
- Radio NZ: Politics with Matthew Hooton and Mike Williams – 17 March 2014
- More “tricky” business – National’s election strategy now apparent?
- National’s fund-raising at Antoine’s – was GST paid?
- Letter to the Editor: what is a politician’s promise worth?
- Letter to the editor: An idea regarding a new(ish) flag
- Radio NZ: Focus on Politics for 14 March 2014
- Radio NZ: Nine To Noon – Election year interviews – Winston Peters
- A Tale of Two Track Records: Labour vs National #1: New Zealand GDP
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- 282,598 hits