These people are HEROES!!!
In every society and in every age, there is a minority of human beings who reject injustice and put themselves on the line to make a point,
These people are heroes. Every one of them. They make a stand where others sit idly by, accepting without a second thought, the actions of an increasingly desperate and hopeless government.
What National has failed to understand is that if you push people hard enough, they will eventually push back. Demonising a group of people will eventually result in anger, frustration, and will boil over into a reaction.
New Zealanders take stock of what you are seeing; these people are protesting because they want jobs. And they are protesting because they resent being blamed for a stagnant economy and high unemployment they had no hand in making.
Those New Zealanders who side with National on this issue should realise that they too, may one day find themselves out of a job.
It is a shameful thing that we are witnessing here; young people having to protest at a lack of jobs – and having to protest against a government that is effectively waging an undeclared war on the unemployed.
Is this what John Key had in mind for his “Bright New Future”?
Good lord, what is happening to this country?
= fs =
For a better New Zealand…
~ Cleaner rivers
~ No deep-sea oil drilling
~ Less on Roads - more on Rail
~ A Living wage at $18.40/hr
~ Marriage equality - Yay! Got that one!
~ Strong, effective Unions
~ No secret free-trade deals
~ Breakfast/lunches in our schools
~ Introducing Civics into our school curriculum
~ Cut back on the liquor industry
~ A fairer, progressive tax system
~ Fully funded, free healthcare
~ Ditto for education, including Tertiary
~ Fund Pharmac for Pompe's Disease medication & other 'orphan' drugs
~ No state asset sales!
~ Rebuild public TV broadcasting!
~ Keeping farms in local ownership
~ Reduce poverty, like we reduced the toll for road-fatalities
~ Jobs, Jobs, Jobs!
~ Being nice to each other
- 2014 – Ongoing jobless talley
- From the mouth of Dear Leader…
- They marched against the TPPA and the threat to our sovereignty (part rua)
- They marched against the TPPA and the threat to our sovereignty (part tahi)
- Letter to the Editor: Is National in trouble in the polls?
- In remembrance of Ernie Abbott
- Thank you, Geoff, and best wishes for your future…
- Winston Peters recycles pledge to “buy back state assets” – where have we heard that before?
- Radio NZ: Nine To Noon – Election year interviews – Jamie Whyte
- A Query to the Taxpayers Union – ***UP DATE ***
- Radio NZ: Politics with Matthew Hooton and Mike Williams – 24 March 2014
- Radio NZ: Focus on Politics for 21 March 2014
- National, The Economy, and coming Speed Wobbles – March Update
- Political Identification Chart for the upcoming Election
- A Query to the Taxpayers Union
- Radio NZ: Politics with Matthew Hooton and Mike Williams – 17 March 2014
- More “tricky” business – National’s election strategy now apparent?
- National’s fund-raising at Antoine’s – was GST paid?
- Letter to the Editor: what is a politician’s promise worth?
- Letter to the editor: An idea regarding a new(ish) flag
- Radio NZ: Focus on Politics for 14 March 2014
- Radio NZ: Nine To Noon – Election year interviews – Winston Peters
- A Tale of Two Track Records: Labour vs National #1: New Zealand GDP
- Radio NZ: Politics with Matthew Hooton and Mike Williams – 10 March 2014
- Radio NZ: Focus on Politics for 7 March 2014
- Purchasing “justice” on the New Zealand open market…
- A proposed Labour-Green-Mana(-NZ First?) agenda – part toru
- Letter to the Editor: Message to students with loans – don’t come home!
- And this is why we call them Right Wing Nut Jobs…
- WTF? Is John Key having a melt down?!
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- 280,679 hits