National – the Party of free speech?! Yeah, right.
Around 8pm on 13 September, this blogger posted on National’s Facebook page – see: NZNATS. I left a message leaving links to two of my recent blogposts,
- National ramps up attack on unemployed and solo-mums
- National ramps up attack on unemployed and solo-mums (part rua)
They must not’ve like the message nor my questions. The post I made vanished within minutes. No explanation offered by the operators of that FB page.
I left a comment querying the disappearance of my posting,
That was gone under sixty seconds,
One more try.
This post referred to National party policies regarding unemployed, solo-mums, and other beneficiaries. A pertinent topic worthy of debate, I thought?
The result? Another disappearance,
It seems that National is not a Party that brooks dissent or welcomes questioning of it’s policies. This is symptomatic of a Party that has lost trust in the public and fears people.
The term for this state of affairs, I believe, is a seige mentality.
= fs =
For a better New Zealand…
~ Cleaner rivers
~ No deep-sea oil drilling
~ Less on Roads - more on Rail
~ A Living wage at $18.40/hr
~ Marriage equality - Yay! Got that one!
~ Strong, effective Unions
~ No secret free-trade deals
~ Breakfast/lunches in our schools
~ Introducing Civics into our school curriculum
~ Cut back on the liquor industry
~ A fairer, progressive tax system
~ Fully funded, free healthcare
~ Ditto for education, including Tertiary
~ Fund Pharmac for Pompe's Disease medication & other 'orphan' drugs
~ No state asset sales!
~ Rebuild public TV broadcasting!
~ Keeping farms in local ownership
~ Reduce poverty, like we reduced the toll for road-fatalities
~ Jobs, Jobs, Jobs!
~ Being nice to each other
- Radio NZ: Focus on Politics for 7 March 2014
- Purchasing “justice” on the New Zealand open market…
- A proposed Labour-Green-Mana(-NZ First?) agenda – part toru
- Letter to the Editor: Message to students with loans – don’t come home!
- And this is why we call them Right Wing Nut Jobs…
- WTF? Is John Key having a melt down?!
- “The Nation” – a review
- Radio NZ: Politics with Matthew Hooton and Mike Williams – 3 March 2014
- TV3 journo shows his true colours?
- Letter to the Editor: A coincidental photo-op?
- That was Then, This is Now #23 – Bolger breaks election promise AND predicts the future!
- Letter to the Editor: A great business opportunity, courtesy of ACT
- The Mendacities of Mr Key #3: tax cuts
- National, The Economy, and coming Speed Wobbles
- Radio NZ: Focus on Politics for 28 February 2014
- Letter to the Editor: What is the price of justice? (In dollar terms)
- Latest TV1-Colmar Brunton Poll – Back To The Future IV?
- What do you call…
- What a gutless wanker you are, Paul Henry…!
- 2014 – Ongoing jobless talley
- Letter to the Editor: Cunliffe’s plan for jobs – Big Tick!
- Tiwai Point – An exercise in National’s “prudent fiscal management”?
- Radio NZ: Nine To Noon – Election year interviews – David Cunliffe
- Nationwide Rally Against the TPPA – Day of Action!
- Letter to the Editor: Why should I believe John Key?
- Radio NZ: Nine To Noon – Election year interviews – John Key
- Conflict of interest, National-style vs Labour-style
- John Banks and Winston Peters, Apples and Oranges
- Coming up on Radio NZ: Party Leader interview with David Cunliffe
- Radio NZ: Politics with Matthew Hooton and Mike Williams – 24 February 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- 272,543 hits