18 August – Cuba Mall – other things going on!
Continued from: 18 August – Aotearoa Not For Sale, Cuba Mall Gig
As well as the Aotearoa Not For Sale event, two other protests were occurring simultaneously in the Mall.
The first, by United Community Action Newtown (UCAN), were protesting at budget cutbacks to the Newtown Union Health Centre by the CCDHB.
UCAN organisor, Katie, and others from their group, handed out leaflets to passers-by, publicising cutbacks to their community health service,
Placards, publicising National’s cuts to community primary health services,
Another UCAN activist, with Matt the rapper,
And more placards, highlighting the desperation of a community to retain their health services,
Meanwhile, nearby, a group from Falun Gong were protesting at the Chinese regime’s persecution of members from their movement,
It was indeed a day of action for people in the community.
Copyright (c) Notice
All images are freely available to be used, with following provisos,
- Use must be for non-commercial purposes.
- Where purpose of use is commercial, a donation to Child Poverty Action Group is requested.
- For non-commercial use, images may be used only in context, and not to denigrate individuals.
- Acknowledgement of source is requested.
= fs =
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
For a better New Zealand…
~ Cleaner rivers
~ No deep-sea oil drilling
~ Less on Roads - more on Rail
~ Minimum wage @ $15 p/hr
~ Marriage equality
~ Strong, effective Unions
~ No secret free-trade deals
~ Breakfast/lunches in our schools
~ Introducing Civics into our school curriculum
~ Cut back on the liquor industry
~ A fairer, progressive tax system
~ Fully funded, free healthcare
~ Ditto for education, including Tertiary
~ Fund Pharmac for Pompe's Disease medication & other 'orphan' drugs
~ No state asset sales!
~ Rebuild public TV broadcasting!
~ Keeping farms in local ownership
~ Reduce poverty, like we reduced the toll for road-fatalities
~ Jobs, Jobs, Jobs!
~ Being nice to each other
- Mining, Drilling, Arresting, Imprisoning – Simon Bridges
- A letter to the Dominion Post on the GCSB…
- The GCSB law – vague or crystal clear?
- Budget 2013: Child poverty, food in schools, and National’s response
- Corporate Welfare under National
- Budget 2013: petrol taxes
- Budget 2013: Student debt, politicians, and “social contracts”
- The Right has a new media voice
- Budget 2013: State Housing and the War on Poor
- Budget 2013: Radio NZ and politicians
- Budget 2013: Suffer the little children… to starve
- Brain fades and balls ups
- Citizen A: With Martyn Bradbury, Keith Locke & Matthew Hooton On Budget + Key’s Deal + Gilmore Wrap
- Budget 2013: How NOT to deal with Student loan defaulters
- Meridian Power?
- *** UP-DATED! *** NEWSFLASH!!! *** On TV3′s Campbell Live Wednesday night!
- John Key advocates theft by banks?
- On child poverty, to the Sunday Star Times…
- National on Child Poverty?!
- ***Breaking News*** Judith Collins issues decision on MMP Review!
- Binding future governments – a question.
- Skycity: National prostitutes New Zealand yet again
- Why a Four Year Parliamentary Term is not a Good Idea
- National Party Corporate welfare vs real welfare
- The NZ Taliban – quietly safeguarding our morals