Police: behind the 8-ball…
The point has been made that when Ninja Police mounted their raids in October 2007, they raided multiple homes in Ruatoki; locked down the entire village; set up road blocks; masked, armed police everywhere; and searched vehicles, buses, etc. Whole families were detained for over NINE hours in a garage.
Contrast that to the raid in Aro Valley, Wellington, where police raided a single house as part of “Operation 8″. Only the one house was raided. Aro Valley was not locked down. Other houses nearby were not raided. Aro Street was not sealed off with armed police dressed in “Mad Max” style battle fatigues..
[Note: there are no images available of the police-terror raids in Aro Valley, via Google. This blogger has used several search parameters.]
Could it be that the stark difference was because Ruatoki was a Maori village – and Aro Valley was predominantly white, middle class, gentiles?
Yeah, what do you think? Racist much?
“Operation 8″ may be a relevant name for this over-reacted; testosterone-fueled terror raids by the Police. They were certainly behind the eight-ball on this fiasco.
It’s time that the horrendous, quasi-fascist “Terrorism Suppression Act” was repealed from our law books and consigned to the rubbish bin of history. It has no place in a civilised society. Politicians might think twice before enacting such dangerous laws.
And an apology to Tuhoe might not be a bad idea either. God knows they deserve it.
* * *
= fs =
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
For a better New Zealand…
~ Cleaner rivers
~ No deep-sea oil drilling
~ Less on Roads - more on Rail
~ Minimum wage @ $15 p/hr
~ Marriage equality
~ Strong, effective Unions
~ No secret free-trade deals
~ Breakfast/lunches in our schools
~ Introducing Civics into our school curriculum
~ Cut back on the liquor industry
~ A fairer, progressive tax system
~ Fully funded, free healthcare
~ Ditto for education, including Tertiary
~ Fund Pharmac for Pompe's Disease medication & other 'orphan' drugs
~ No state asset sales!
~ Rebuild public TV broadcasting!
~ Keeping farms in local ownership
~ Reduce poverty, like we reduced the toll for road-fatalities
~ Jobs, Jobs, Jobs!
~ Being nice to each other
- Key’s broken promise on raising wages
- Mining, Drilling, Arresting, Imprisoning – Simon Bridges
- A letter to the Dominion Post on the GCSB…
- The GCSB law – vague or crystal clear?
- Budget 2013: Child poverty, food in schools, and National’s response
- Corporate Welfare under National
- Budget 2013: petrol taxes
- Budget 2013: Student debt, politicians, and “social contracts”
- The Right has a new media voice
- Budget 2013: State Housing and the War on Poor
- Budget 2013: Radio NZ and politicians
- Budget 2013: Suffer the little children… to starve
- Brain fades and balls ups
- Citizen A: With Martyn Bradbury, Keith Locke & Matthew Hooton On Budget + Key’s Deal + Gilmore Wrap
- Budget 2013: How NOT to deal with Student loan defaulters
- Meridian Power?
- *** UP-DATED! *** NEWSFLASH!!! *** On TV3′s Campbell Live Wednesday night!
- John Key advocates theft by banks?
- On child poverty, to the Sunday Star Times…
- National on Child Poverty?!
- ***Breaking News*** Judith Collins issues decision on MMP Review!
- Binding future governments – a question.
- Skycity: National prostitutes New Zealand yet again
- Why a Four Year Parliamentary Term is not a Good Idea
- National Party Corporate welfare vs real welfare